All I can say is thank goodness!
All goals went out the window as my partner’s daughter, her husband and their 2 young children (2 years old and 4 years old) arrived and took over the entire house.
While their stay was for 9 days the prep and the clean up meant the visit lasted for 12 days in reality! Despite the frustration of home being turned upside down. I did enjoy spending time with the grandchildren. It is fun to muck about with them and see how they are developing – we live a good 6 hour drive away so do not get to see them often.
Finding the positives of the fortnight
- Basically wine and cigarette consumption was way down over the fortnight with the kids around, so we have decided to give cold turkey on the cigarettes another go – today is the first day.
- The grandchildren were fun to play with and seemed to have a really good time swimming and playing with the dog. It was good to remind myself to stay in the moment and enjoy just messing about with them. I don’t consider myself to be all that great with kids, but for some inexplicable reason, the eldest seemed to prefer me on this visit 🙂 much to the annoyance of my partner – nose was a little out of joint to say the least, he he he! Normally it is the other way round by far – nice to be a favoured one for a while.
- Realising how much I love my home – it is my haven and I am enjoying having it back to normal!
- 4 x 30 walk jog sessions
- Drink 2 x 400ml bottles of water per day
- Restart weigh ins (scary after so much cake)